Thursday, May 29, 2008

About SpringSource's marketing

Look what i just got today:

from Kylie Clement
to me
date Thu, May 29, 2008 at 12:19 AM
subject SpringSource Application Platform

Erick,

Thank you for your interest in SpringSource Application Platform, an excellent alternative to J2EE application servers.

Are you available Thursday or Friday of this week for a telephone conversation? I would like to understand your requirements in detail
and answer any questions you may have.

Regards,
Kylie

Kylie Clement
Regional Sales Manager
SpringSource, Inc.
1875 South Grant Drive, Suite 650
San Mateo, CA 94402


This happened after I registered for a webcast about the newly released Spring Application Platform. I have given my information to the big boys before (IBM, Oracle, etc etc) and never got an email as intrusive as this before.
Anyway, being consistent with the inversion of control pattern, my answer is: No Mr Clement, do not call me; I'll call you if I ever need your help. And no, you will not be able to understand my requirements in a phone call as not even I am sure of what they are.

No comments: